Linda Gerard, the spiritual queen of Ace Hotel & Swim Club and soulful mentor to us all, passed away yesterday. A fiery, radiant star with a special kind of gravity unto herself, she’s been a legend around Palm Springs for so long now that it’s impossible to quantify all the ways her…
The company I work for gets dozens of unsolicited casting submissions daily. They flood our inboxes and bog down the interns at the front desk. Over the past 6-7 months, I have been posting some of the best photos from these casting submissions and tagging them #casting submission. They are always photos but this resume was so riddled with errors, inconsistencies and hilarity that I had to blog it. I even made a key of the 8 most obvious errors.
1. I am sure that the movie “Devil’s Wear Prague” could have been a lovely film that explored some Kafka-esque morality issues but I think he was talking about the light Hollywood piece entitled, “The Devil Wears Prada.”
2. “American Gnnger” is one letter substitution from becoming “American Ginger” which would clearly star Carrot Top. But I am sure this person meant that horrible movie that Jay-Z made a song for- “American Gangster.”
3. This has got to be my favorite director, Martin Scoresissers!
4. “Enchanged” = “Enchanted.” I thought I would write a joke about all of these but some of these just aren’t worth my humor juice.
5. At this point, I start to worry that this person is illiterate and is typing out what they hear the title as. So “Be Kind Rewind” becomes “Be Kins Rewind.” That was logical until I looked down on my keyboard and the “S” and the “D” are right next to each other. I think the actor was too lazy to proofread.
6. I am all for making fun of anything foreign but by shortening Michel Gondry to just John is taking it too far.
7. Remember when Billy Bob Throton was actually having sex with Angelina Jolie? Neither do I. Just like I don’t remember this other Thorton classic, “School For Scurnder” directed by the local auteur, Mike.
8. Last time I checked, being a “Park Player” just meant your threw a football around or played some pick-up basketball and didn’t qualify as a special skill.